The Delighted Dashboard
Analyze, share, and leverage your results
The Delighted Dashboard places powerful performance features at your fingertips. As feedback rolls in, take immediate action—reviewing, reporting, sharing, alerting team members, and leveraging your customer-centric “close-the-loop” activities. Your Dashboard tools include:
- Alerts: Trigger emails to notify your team when responses meet specific criteria
- Email Digest: Regularly receive an email highlighting key feedback coming into your projects
- iOS app: View the Dashboard, your responses, and your metrics on a smartphone
- Permalink page: Analyze and share everything associated with a single response (ex. the scale-point score, comments, properties, Tags, and more)
- Tag Manager: Update and manage the tags that will segment, analyze, and surface your key findings
- Trends: Narrow the scope of your data by weeding out unnecessary data points and highlighting new insights
- Webhooks: Push information about submitted responses and unsubscribed events to URLs of your choice, pinging other platforms’ APIs to automate workflows
Follow the links above to jump to any topic you wish to learn more about. Otherwise, keep reading below to learn about your Dashboard’s many features and get acquainted!
Before you receive any responses, the Dashboard isn't very interesting—there's no feedback to show you! If you're seeing something like the image below on your Dashboard page, don't worry. You can still click around to every tab in your Delighted account, and the modal will go away as soon as you receive your first response.
In this section
- Major sections of the Delighted Dashboard
- Filtering the Dashboard
- Understanding the survey time window
Major sections of the Delighted Dashboard
The Dashboard places your survey scores, verbatim comments, and CX metrics front and center. You can access every feature in Delighted directly from your account’s Dashboard (like filtering data, viewing score graphs, and reading real time responses). Below we’ll explore each of these features, as well as direct you to further resources.
- Projects menu: Switch between projects and adjust project-wide settings with the Projects menu
- Account menu: Access account-level details like billing, user access, and digest configurations
- Dashboard tab: Return to your main Dashboard with a single click. (Hint: Clicking the Delighted logo at the top of the page will also return you to your Dashboard.)
- Trends tab: Create permanent Trends to act as “saved searches,” tracking specific customer segments without repeatedly creating the same filters
- Reports tab: Report out on your insights with Delighted’s powerful reports
- Metrics tab: Review your survey engagement metrics across all platforms, including response and open rates
- People tab: In the People tab, view a list of everyone you’ve ever sent a survey to, as well as details around their response histories
- Integrations tab: Find all of Delighted’s out-of-the-box integrations, as well as our API docs and in-house integrations like Alerts and Testimonials
- Survey people button: Go to the Platforms page where you can can customize and send your surveys, and adjust settings for your Thank you page, Reminders, and Additional Questions
- Metric score and time window: See your project’s metric score (ex. NPS of 70), as well as an option to graph that score over time. Also, view your current survey time window setting (ex. 30 days)
- Smileys bar: Show the current breakdown of your feedback (ex. promoters, passives, and detractors for NPS or a Stars bar graph for a 5-star survey). Hover over any section to gain insight into the chart’s calculation.
- Response count: View the responses you've received for this project. This metric will update based on any filters you have applied
- Search bar: Search through your open-ended feedback for specific keywords or phrases
- Date filter button: Filter responses by specific time frames
- Filters: Filter responses by different data points, including any properties that you pass to Delighted
- Score icons: Depict your feedback, (ex. promoters—happy face, passives—neutral face, detractors—sad face). Hovering over a smiley icon will reveal the exact score left
- Respondent details: View the name, email address, or person ID of your respondents. Click to see the expanded details of each person (including their feedback history and all associated activity)
- Response timestamp/ Permalink page link: This timestamp reports when a response was submitted. Click to see the expanded details of a response (like all associated properties, notes, etc.)
- Additional Questions icon: This icon will indicate the number of Additional Questions the respondent answered. Clicking the icon takes you to the Additional answers section of the Permalink page
- Tags: Add tags to your responses to organize them based on key categories you want to apply (like “Customer support” or “Needs follow-up”)
- Tag manager icon: Click this gear icon to access the tag manager page, where you can merge, delete, and rename your tags
Filtering your Dashboard
There are three types of filters available from your Delighted Dashboard. These filters can be used alone or combined to capture in-depth segments of your customers and response data. They include:
The filter buttons live along the left hand side of your Dashboard (labeled 15 on the diagram above). Clicking these buttons will automatically filter your responses to match the criteria you've selected. For example, if you click on the "promoters" filter, every response displayed will be a score of a 9 or a 10, the NPS score displayed will be a 100, and the smileys bar will be fully green.
The filter options are:
- Filter by score group
- Filter by comment (with or without)
- Filter by tags
- Filter by any of the properties being captured
- Filter by any Additional Responses
All of the properties that you send with each survey request, as well as the ones that Delighted captures automatically, will be available as filters in this section. Don't see the one you want? Simply click "+ Add a new filter" at the bottom of the list to see all of the Property filters available, and to add them to your Dashboard.
To filter by Additional Responses, click the "+ Add a new filter" button at the bottom of the filter list and select the Additional Question you want to filter by. Free response Additional Questions will not be available as a filter, but all other question types will filter!
Combining multiple filter buttons
To combine multiple filters, apply the first filter by clicking on the desired filter button, hover over that filter, and clicking on the pin icon. You can now select another filter and repeat this process with as many filters as you'd like to apply.
Removing and rearranging filter buttons
To remove a filter, click on the filter title, and then choose the 'x' button on the right side of the filter. If you remove a filter accidentally, don't worry! You can always add it back with the "+ Add a filter" button. Removing a filter won't affect any of the data—it's not the same as deleting a property—it will just free up the space along the left side of your Dashboard!
To rearrange filters, click on a filter title, and drag and drop it in a new order along the left side of the Dashboard.
Can I exclude certain filters from my search?
Currently, the best way to exclude a specific value from your search is to select all values other than the one you want to exclude. Have a specific use case you want more info on? Reach out to our team and we can help!
Refine your comments by searching for specific keywords. Simply head to the search field, enter a keyword, and the responses will be updated to match your keyword.
Root words and specific phrases
By default, Delighted will search using the root word of your search term. For example, searching the word “jean” will return responses that include the word “jeans” or “bluejeans,” and searching for “return” will give you responses that use “returned” or “returning.”
If you’d like to search for a specific phrase, be sure to use quotes around the text (ex. “support team”, “product quality”, etc.)
Looking to layer in multiple keywords? You can add connectors between words to clarify your search (ex. "quality AND fit" or "jean OR denim"). Capitalize these connectors!
You can use the symbol “-” or the word NOT ahead of any word to filter only to responses that don’t include that keyword (ex .“-dress” and "NOT dress" will return all responses that don’t include the word dress, while “clothing -dress” will return all responses that mention clothing but do not mention dresses).
Using Delighted's date filter, you can select from a number of preset ranges (like last week, last quarter, etc.) or set your own custom time range for filtering responses. Simply click the calendar icon, choose your time frame, and your Dashboard will be filtered.
Filtering your Dashboard by date will filter based on when the response was submitted, not based on when the survey was originally sent. This is different than the Metrics tab, which reports on engagement data based on when you schedule your surveys.
Understanding the survey time window
The CX score displayed in your account is a simple moving average. You can adjust the time period used to adjust this score by adjusting your account’s metric time window.
By default, we use a 30-day time window, which means that your Dashboard shows the score for all responses collected within the last 30 days. You’ll see the 30-day moving average score on your dashboard, trends, and digests.
Change this setting by clicking on the project name in the top left-hand corner of your account and clicking the gear icon to the right of the project name. Choose the desired time window from the second drop-down list. This can be changed at any time—it has no effect on the data that is captured, only the time period over which we calculate your score.