Accounts and User Types
In this article:
- Introducing the Account page.
- Applying Admin, Standard, and Limited user status.
- Assigning and managing multiple projects within accounts.
- Inviting Standard and Limited users to projects.
plus . . .
Introducing the Account page
Click the Account button to open the Account page — your portal to a host of security and administrative actions.
To start we'll highlight four actions solely reserved for Admins, including:
- Users — applying user status and project settings.
- Plans and billing — tracking payments and selecting upgrade options.
- Sending domain — sending from your company’s domain to extend your branding.
- Data retention policy — setting options to delete responses and/or to anonymize your data outside of a specific time window.
Applying Admin, Standard, and Limited user status
There are three user access levels — Admin, Standard, and Limited. A level is assigned as a new user is invited to join one or more Delighted CX projects. Assigning access rights to users is important from both security and general management perspectives.
Let's look at the distinctions:
- Limited users: Can view the Dashboard, see survey responses, and create and manage Trends. Their Account page, seen here, is limited to security features and their personal Email digest settings.
- Standard users: Have Limited user rights — plus, they can edit and customize surveys; send surveys and manage distribution campaigns; access the API key; export data; and adjust integrations.
- Admin users: Have Standard user rights — plus, Admins alone can add and manage multiple users; create and manage multiple Projects; change plan and billing details; and access sending domain features. (See the Admin Training & Certification series.)
The vital role Admins play
Without Admins, Delighted CX can't work to its potential. Only account Admins can award Limited and Standard rights to their organization's users and assign team members to their survey projects.
Learn all about what Admins can do by viewing two short videos from our Admin Training series. In this first 8-minute video see how Admins add, edit, and delete Standard and Limited users.
The number of users in your account is determined by your plan. Check the Pricing page to reference the number of users available under each plan.
Assigning and managing multiple projects within accounts
In this 7-minute video, learn how Admins assign users to their respective projects within an organization. (If you are an Admin, this is a must see.)
Inviting Standard and Limited users to projects
User status can be changed at any time by an account Admin from the Account page. Standard and Limited users must also be invited to projects by their account Admin, as explained in the above video.
Inviting users is an easy process:
- Click “Account.”
- Pick "Users" from the Account page.
- Type in the user's email address.
- Select their permission level — Admin, Standard, or Limited.
- Choose the Projects they can access.
- Click “Send invite.”
Comparing Trial, Free, and Premium accounts
If you set up a free 7-day Trial account, you're likely an account Admin already and have full access to all of Delighted's features: including premium integrations; all of our platforms; advanced reporting; and more. This robust functionality is available all during your week-long trial period.
After your 7-day trial is over you can:
Free accounts: Once the Trial concludes, some features are withheld from Free plans, However, you can still send 1,000 surveys per month without cost and conduct a very credible, small scale CX survey campaign. (Read more About our Free accounts.)
Premium accounts: Choose a Premium plan if your sends will exceed 1,000 requests per month or if you need access to features that have been disabled in the Free plan.
Check out our Pricing page for full details on what features are included at each plan level.
Signing out of your Delighted account
To sign out of your account, click “Account” and then choose “Sign out.”