In this article:
- iOS App overview.
- The Response feed.
- Filtering and searching for responses in the app.
- Viewing properties in the app.
- Viewing and adding notes in the app.
- Reviewing Metrics in the app.
- Setting up Push Notifications in the app.
- Using iOS Widgets.
iOS App overview
Downloading the iOS App
Click here to Download the Delighted iOS App from the App Store.
Delighted’s iOS app makes it easy for you to access your Delighted Dashboard anytime, anywhere—right from your smartphone.
Whether checking your feedback on your iPhone, sharing recent customer comments on an iPad during a meeting, or keeping tabs on your NPS score via widgets, the Delighted iOS app makes accessing your feedback simple and convenient.
The Response feed
The Response feed shows all of your feedback as it flows in in real-time, just like the Delighted Dashboard. Here’s what the Response feed looks like on the iPhone:
And here’s that view on the iPad:
Refreshing the Response feed
When there are new responses to bring in, you’ll see a small icon on the top right-hand corner of the screen. Simply swipe down to load new responses. If there are no new responses to display, you’ll see a small notification letting you know “You are up to date.”
Filtering and searching for responses in the app
The iOS app has the same filtering and searching capabilities as your Dashboard on the web. Within the app, you can:
- Filter based on properties or Additional Questions: Click the menu icon on the top right-hand side of your screen, then click "Filter" to open up the filter view. From here, click on any filters you'd like to apply, just as you would in your Dashboard
- Search for keywords: Click the menu icon on the top right-hand side of your screen, then click "Filter" to open up the filter view. From here, you can type in keywords to search through the verbatim feedback left by your respondents
- Search by date range: Click the menu icon on the top right-hand side of your screen, then click "Filter" to open up the filter view. The first filter category listed is the Date filter—you can choose a pre-set date range of click "Custom range" to set your own
- Filter based on a Trend: Click the menu icon on the top right-hand side of your screen, then click “Filter” to open up the filter view. From here, click on any Trend that you’ve created and the dashboard will update to show all responses associated with that trend. Note: you cannot create or edit trends in the iOS app — this has to be done on the web
Viewing properties in the app
Tap on any response to view all of the details related to a response, including the timestamp, notes, and properties.
With further context about the feedback, you'll have a complete picture of the different variables impacting the customer experience, as well as a clear understanding of where to focus your closed loop actions.
Viewing and adding notes in the app
Tap on a response and scroll down to the bottom of the response page to view and add notes to a particular response.
Whether flagging a response for follow-up, or adding additional context to be built into your Delighted reports, notes are a great way to layer in details and ignite action from your team. For more information about notes, check out this article on adding notes.
Reviewing Metrics in the app
To review your survey engagement metrics on the go:
- Expand the sidebar navigation menu in the app.
- Choose "Metrics."
- Toggle between platforms to choose the metrics you’re interested in reviewing.
For details about the information displayed in this view, check out our article on The Metrics Tab.
Setting up Push Notifications in the app
You can set up push notifications in the Delighted iOS app to be sent when responses are received that meet specific conditions.
The conditions available are:
- New promoter response
- New passive response
- New detractor response
- Response received that meets a specific Trend
To set up Push Notifications:
- Open the app.
- Click on the menu icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Choose "Notifications."
- Toggle on one of the score group notifications, or choose "Add notification" to set up Trend-based notifications (Trends must be set up within your account before they can be used as notification triggers.)
- Grant Delighted permission to send notifications when prompted.
Using iOS Widgets
iOS Widgets allow you to customize your phone’s Home Screen, Lock Screen, and Today View with real-time information from your favorite apps—including Delighted! Once you’ve downloaded the Delighted iOS App, you can add widgets in all three places to visualize your CX metrics at a glance.
Clicking on any of your Delighted widgets will launch the Delighted app and take you right to that project’s Dashboard so you can review all of the responses that make up your score.
Home Screen Widgets
To add widgets to the Home Screen:
- Make sure you’ve downloaded the Delighted iOS App and signed into your account.
- Head to the Home Screen and touch and hold a widget or an empty area until the apps jiggle.
- Tap the “+” button in the upper-left corner.
- Search for Delighted in the search bar and select it. There is one widget size option.
- Click “+ Add Widget.”
- Tap and hold to drag your widget to where you’d like it to live on your Home Screen.
- Press “Done” in the upper right-hand corner.
Once the widget has been added, you can change the project that is displaying by:
- Tapping and holding on the widget,
- Choosing “Edit widget,”
- Clicking “Choose” next to Project,
- Selecting the project you’d like to display.
Lock Screen Widgets
To add widgets to your Lock Screen:
- Touch and hold the Lock Screen until the Customize button appears, then tap "Customize."
- Scroll down and choose "Delighted." There are two widget size options.
- Tap or drag the widgets that you want to add.
- Tap "Done" in the top right-hand corner.
One the widget has been added, you can change the project that is displaying by:
- Touching and holding the Lock Screen until the Customize button appears, then tapping "Customize."
- Tapping the widget.
- Selecting the project you want to display.
Lock Screen widgets are not currently supported on iPadOS.
Today View Widgets
The Today View can be found by swiping to the leftmost screen on your phone from either the locked or unlocked states.
The process for adding widgets to your Today View is the same as adding them to the Home Screen—just make sure you’re on the Today View when you start the editing process!