FAQs: Questions about survey projects
In this article:
- Who can create, delete, and manage projects?
- When should I create a new survey project?
- How many total survey projects can I create?
- Can I change a survey’s question type or methodology?
- Can I delete a project to make room for a new project?
- Can I distribute a survey in multiple ways?
- Can I reuse a survey multiple times?
- Can I add additional users to my projects?
- How do I add, edit, and delete people from my list of recipients?
- Can I add 1-10 Additional Questions to my project?
- Do settings and integrations apply globally across all of my projects?
1. Who can create, delete, and manage projects?
Only Delighted Admins can create and delete projects. They also assign users to projects. It's an important job.
Designating Admins is a security measure required of many multi-user organizations with Premium plans. Additionally, team members may be assigned Standard or Limited user status based on their roles and responsibilities within the survey projects.
If you are setting up a personal Delighted Trial Account, it's all good news—you are automatically an Admin!
Learn the vital role Admins play in creating and managing projects and users by viewing the Admin Certification training videos in the Help Center.
Start with module 1: Managing Users, which demonstrates how and why user roles are assigned in simple steps. Then take in module 2: Allocating projects, that demonstrates how teams can work together on their survey campaigns.
2. When should I create a new survey project?
Create a new project for each unique survey you wish to send.
One survey, one project.
See also FAQ 4. Can I delete a project to make room for a new project? and FAQ 6. Can I reuse a survey multiple times? in this section.
3. How many total survey projects can I create?
Your plan determines the total number of projects available to you and your organization. For instance, Free or Trial accounts are limited to a single project. Premium and Premium Plus plans allow multiple projects.
For details, head over to our Pricing page.
4. Can I change a survey’s question type or methodology?
Once a Project has been set up, it's not possible to change the survey type as it would mix methodologies which rely on unique scale-point options. Merging data would invalidate the study and throw the metrics into a tizzy.
For example, an NPS survey returning data on an 11-point scale (isolating "Promoters," "Passives," and "Detractors") cannot be pushed into a 5-point CSAT survey (segmenting the "Satisfied" from the "Dissatisfied"). The former is a loyalty metric, the latter is a satisfaction metric.
To change the survey type/method:
- If you're on a paid Premium plan, delete the old project and create a new one.
- But first, Export your existing data from the Dashboard into a CSV file so you have a backup of your results.
- If you're on a Free or Trial plan, cancel your account and create a new one.
- Alternatively, change the email address associated with your first project and create a second one reusing your former email. Make this change by opening the “Account" menu and selecting the “Email address” option.
5. Can I delete a project to make room for a new project?
To delete or remove a project from your account:
- Open the “Projects menu.”
- Choose the “Gear” icon to the right of the project's name that is targeted for deletion.
- Choose “Delete this project” at the bottom of the Edit Project window.
- Verify your decision by clicking “Delete this project.”
Instead of deleting your project, you may be able to modify and reuse it as explained in FAQ 6. Can I reuse a survey multiple times? Also review Relational vs. Transactional Surveys in our Best Practices for CX Projects article.
6. Can I distribute a survey through multiple channels?
7. Can I reuse a survey multiple times?
In fact, both transactional and relational surveys are reusable depending on the context, as explained in this except, Relational vs. Transactional Surveys in our Best Practices for CX Projects article.
Glance at this chart for general guidance:
Delete an obsolete project and create a new one in its place when you need to:
- Survey a unique issue or a new touchpoint along the customer journey that requires a transactional survey.
- Change the survey type—NPS, CSAT, CES, etc.
- Separate new data entirely from any previous feedback
Modifying and reusing an existing project has its merits, particularly when applied to relational survey techniques. Make modifications and reuse when you are:
- Happy with the existing survey’s relational methodology or scale-point question type
- Asking the same basic questions to a new demographic
- Running a relational NPS, CSAT or similar survey and it’s time to send again.
Reusing surveys with the help of properties
With properties, both transactional and relational surveys can be reused again and again to identify experience gaps. This is achieved by segmenting results according to “date range,” “location,” “product line,” “gender,” or by any other demographic built into the survey.
One survey—many distinguishing properties
There is often little reason to create a new survey if the properties have been set up to work their magic. For example, you can:
- Filter first-time customers from returning customers.
- Segment data by spend or product purchases.
- Filter by country (ex. US, Germany, Mexico or Japan) or region ex. (NA, EMEA, APAC).
- And more.
8. Can I add additional users to my projects?
Learn how to add additional users by:
- Viewing these videos from our Admin Certification training program:
- Visiting Accounts and User Types page in the 9. Accounts & Billing section of the Help Center.
Chances are already that you are an Admin and can add additional users to projects. But if you have been designated as a Standard or Limited user with your organization’s account, your options are restricted.
9. How do I add, edit, and delete people from my list of recipients?
Also, review video Module 7: Investigating people and platform metrics from our Admin Certification training program. Jump to minute 4:40 and watch to the end of the video.
10. Can I add 1-10 Additional Questions to my project?
Delighted allows up to 10 Additional Questions to be added to each platform used to distribute a survey. This way, your Email participants can be asked separate questions from your Web respondents.
The Additional Questions will follow your CX metric scale-point question and its follow up open-ended comment.
Learn all about how to add questions to each platform by reading the Additional Questions page in this Help Center.
Additionally, view how easy it is to add Additional Questions with this excerpt from our Core training video series.
11. Do settings and integrations apply globally across all of my projects?
Each project is independent and unique, requiring its own settings and customizations. These independent settings and connections will allow you to push and pull data more precisely and securely. (Read more in the 8. Integrating with Other Applications section).
Also, each distribution platform has its own unique attributes and must be considered separately. (See 4. Survey Customization in this Help Center for the specifics for each platform (ex. Email, Web, Kiosk, Link, more). Notably, each Project will also have its own API key.
When creating a new Project, make sure to review all of your settings, customizations, and integrations to confirm if they have been configured properly.