The Freshdesk Integration
In this article:
- What is the URL I should provide for the webhook?
- Can I create a ticket in Freshdesk following a response received?
- Can I change what events trigger a survey send?
- How can I change the survey type I'm using to either CSAT or CES in Delighted?
Setting up the Freshdesk integration
Delighted’s Freshdesk integration will automatically trigger Templates surveys (ex. CSAT surveys) following events you define in Freshdesk—such as a ticket marked as closed or solved.
To set up Freshdesk:
- Open the Admin section in Freshdesk.
- Click on “Automations” under the section for Helpdesk Productivity.
- Click on “New Rule.”
- Name the rule “Delighted Survey Trigger.”
- Create two conditions.
Note: These conditions can be customized as needed.
- In Ticket, If Status, Is, Closed OR
- In Ticket, If Status, Is, Resolved
- Under “Perform these actions:”, select “Trigger Webhook.”
- Configure the webhook with the following details.
- Request type: POST
- URL: Find the URL here
- Enable Requires authentication
- In both the Username and Password fields, input your Delighted API key
- Encoding: JSON
- Content: Simple
- Click "Preview" and save.
What is the URL I should provide for the webhook?
Note: This URL does include a 1 day delay. If you'd like that removed or adjusted, simply change the "&delay=VALUE" section of the URL string below to your preferred delay (in seconds).
Click on the button below to copy the URL string you'll need for your Freshdesk automation:
Can I create a ticket in Freshdesk following a response received?
Can I change what events trigger a Delighted survey?
Yes. In Step 5 mentioned above, you can set any conditions for your Freshdesk trigger. Once these conditions are met, we'll automatically trigger a Delighted survey.
How can I change the survey type I'm using to either CSAT or CES?
Interested in using another survey type (ex. CSAT, CES, etc.) for your post-support surveys? Set up a new Template to get started! Learn more via our Templates Overview resource.