The Google Sheets Integration
In this article:
- Google Sheets integration overview.
- Setting up the Google Sheets integration.
- Viewing responses in Google Sheets.
- Connecting multiple alert rules from a single project to the same Google Sheet.
- Can I connect multiple projects to the same Google Sheet?
- I just received a response. Why am I not seeing a new row in Google Sheets?
- Why can't I sync data to any spreadsheet in my Google Sheets Account?
- Can I sync data between Delighted and Google Sheets in any other ways?
Google Sheets integration overview
Delighted’s Google Sheets integration will sync all responses, or a subset of responses, to a connected spreadsheet. Track the status of your projects, share feedback and analyze data all within your Google Sheets account.
Delighted's integration can either:
- Generate and sync your data to a new spreadsheet.
- Update your data in a spreadsheet previously generated by the integration.
After initial set-up, the integration will automatically:
- Create a new tab in the spreadsheet, naming it after the connected project.
- Generate a column for each response field.
- Populate each response in a new row.
Setting up the Google Sheets integration
- Open the "Integrations" tab and choose "Google Sheets."
- Click “Connect to Google Sheets.”
- You’ll be redirected to Google's login page. Choose the account you want to connect Delighted to.
- Select the third permission on the following page adjacent to the Drive icon: "See, edit, create and delete only the specific Google Drive files you use with this app." Note: this permission must be selected.
- Pick "Continue."
After connecting to Sheets, you’ll be directed back to Delighted:
- Click “+ Add a new rule” to create the rule that will create new rows in your spreadsheet as responses are received.
- If you are setting up the integration for the first time, select "+ New spreadsheet" and name the spreadsheet that Delighted will create and sync responses to.
- If your target spreadsheet has previously been created by the integration, select that spreadsheet from the drop-down menu.
- Optional: Click "Send test" to populate the spreadsheet with a test response.
- Optional: Backfill any existing data (that meets the rule criteria) to the connected sheet by checking the "Send a one-time Backfill" box.
- Optional: Add additional rules to send to as many unique spreadsheets as you wish.
- Click “Save & turn on.”
Viewing responses in Google Sheets
The integration creates a column for each field included in the response—including a combination of native response fields (ex. Project Name, Survey Type, Response ID, Response Timestamp, Name, Email, Response URL, Score & Comment) as well as custom fields (ex. Additional Question answers and Properties).
Each time a response is collected in Delighted, a new row is added to the connected spreadsheet(s).
Here’s a sample generated by the integration:
Connecting multiple alert rules from a single project to the same Google Sheet.
You can quickly connect multiple alert rules from a single project to the same Google spreadsheet.
As an example, if you wish to sync all "Promoters" to one tab and sync all "Detractors" to another tab within the same Google Sheet, follow these steps:
- Log into the Google Integration as explained in the Setting up the Google Sheets integration section above and then:
- > Select "Add a new rule."
- > Pick All "Promoters" from the drop-down list.
- > Choose "+ New spreadsheet" and give it name.
- > Click "Send a one-time backfill."
- > "Save & turn on" the integration.
- Go to Google Sheets and open the new spreadsheet that was created by the integration, and then:
- > Rename the first tab in the Google Sheet (ex. "Promoters).
- Don't worry—this won't disrupt the integration!
- Return to Delighted and then:
- > Set-up a new alert rule to sync All "Detractors."
- > Select the same Google Sheet your "Promoters" alert rule is connected to.
- > Click "Send a one-time backfill.
- > Press "Save changes."
- Rename the new tab "Detractors."
Can I connect multiple projects to the same Google Sheet?
Across projects, the integration is aware of all spreadsheets that have been created. This allows you to sync feedback from multiple projects into one spreadsheet.
Each project's data will populate in a unique tab within the connected spreadsheet, giving you a view of all Delighted data in one workspace.
I just received a response. Why am I not seeing a notification in Google Sheets?
By default, we include a 10-minute delay between a response being received in Delighted and a new row being created in Google Sheets. This delay ensures that respondents have adequate time to leave comments before syncing begins.
Beyond this delay, the most common reason a row might not be created is tied to the conditions and specifications for row creation. For example, if your Google Sheets integration uses the rule, “Only promoters who comment,” then no rows will sync unless the Delighted response meets that exact specification.
Why can't I sync data to any spreadsheet in my Google Sheets Account?
Delighted's integration allows you to create new spreadsheets and/or connect to spreadsheets previously created by the integration.
For security reasons, Delighted's integration cannot view spreadsheets in your Google Sheets account that it did not create. As a result, you cannot sync data to pre-existing spreadsheets created outside of the integration.
Can I sync data between Delighted and Google Sheets in any other ways?
Utilizing Delighted's Zapier app, we offer a handful of additional ways to sync Delighted responses and trigger Delighted surveys based on activity in Google Sheets. For a full list of Triggers and Actions, check out the Delighted + Google Sheets Zapier page.
These functions are supported outside of Delighted's Google Sheets integration, so in these cases you won't want to use the native integration listed on our Integrations page.