The Segment Integration
In this article:
- Where can I learn more about setting up the Segment integration?
- What is the difference between the different Segment keys?
- Can the Segment integration trigger Web surveys?
- Does the Segment integration support Additional Questions?
- What information will be passed from Segment to Delighted when surveys are triggered?
Segment integration overview
Delighted’s Segment integration automatically sends surveys based on events in Segment and syncs associated response data back into your warehouse.
Segment is a premium integration, only available on certain plan levels. See our Pricing page for more information.
Setting up the Segment integration
- Head to the Integrations tab and choose Segment.
- Click “Enable with Segment.”
- You’ll be redirected to Segment. When prompted, select a source to connect to Delighted.
You’ll be directed back to Delighted. Set up rules to trigger Delighted surveys based on
.track()event activity. This event name must match the event name you specify in Delighted exactly.
- Optional: Check the box to sync response data back to Segment. If you check this box, you will need to grab the Write Key from your Segment account to finalize set-up. (Note: we only sync feedback for responses that originated from requests triggered by Segment).
- Click “Save & turn on.”
If you run into any trouble setting up the Segment integration, first check out our FAQs below, then reach out to our Customer Concierge team if necessary!
Where can I learn more about setting up the Segment integration?
Be sure to review the two key resources hosted by our friends at Segment!
- Delighted Destination: Resource for setting up the Segment integration to trigger Delighted surveys
- Delighted Source: Resource for setting up the Segment integration to sync response data to Segment
What is the difference between the different Segment keys?
There are two "keys" used when setting up the Segment integration. It's important to note that neither are the Delighted API key, found in your account by going to Integrations > API. You will not need your Delighted API key to set up the Segment integration.
When setting up the Delighted Source (to sync feedback from Delighted to Segment), you'll use the Write key supplied by Segment. This key will be delivered within Segment as a read-only value when setting up the Delighted Source, and needs to be inputted into the Segment integration page in Delighted.
When setting up the Delighted Destination (to trigger Delighted surveys from within Segment), you'll either simply click "Enable with Segment."
Can the Segment integration trigger Web surveys?
Not at this time.
Currently, Delighted’s Segment integration can only trigger Email platform surveys. If you’re interested in the ability to trigger Web surveys via Segment, let us know—we appreciate the feedback!
Does the Segment integration support Additional Questions?
Before looking for that Additional Response data in your Segment payload, take a moment to first move through this checklist to see if your responses are eligible to be synced back over to Segment:
- Was the survey originally triggered via the Segment integration?
- Have you set up the Delighted source in Segment?
- Have you checked the option for syncing feedback to Segment on the integration page?
If you answered "Yes" to all the above, we will sync Additional Response data collected in Delighted over to your Segment instance. Here's a screenshot of what that raw payload looks like:
What information will be passed from Segment to Delighted when surveys are triggered?
Any user details included in the track call used to trigger the Segment integration will be passed to Delighted as properties. This can include email, name, User ID, and any other details you'd like to capture about your survey respondents. All properties included in the survey trigger will also be passed back to Segment when syncing feedback, if this integration feature is used.