The Intercom Integration
Delighted’s Intercom integration automatically sends Delighted email surveys based on activity in Intercom. The integration can also sync all response data back to your User records in Intercom—no matter how those surveys were triggered!
In this section
- Setting up the Intercom integration
- Configuring the integration options
- Viewing Delighted feedback in Intercom
- FAQs: Intercom
Setting up the Intercom integration
- Head to the Integrations tab and choose “Intercom”
- Click “Connect to Intercom”
- You’ll be redirected to Intercom. Once logged into your account, review the information on the authorization page and click “Authorize access”
- You’ll be directed back to Delighted. Configure settings as desired—read below to learn more about each option
- Optional: Check the box to “Sync Delighted responses with users in Intercom”
- Click “Save & turn on”
Configuring the integration options
After setting up the Intercom integration, you'll have a few options to configure who is surveyed, when those email surveys are sent, and if they should recur, as well as whether to sync response data back to Intercom.
In the screenshot above, you'll see a few key sections for triggering surveys:
- Sync Delighted responses with users in Intercom
- Which Intercom users do you want to survey automatically?
- How long after a user enters or is active in the segment should we survey them?
- How often should we automatically re-survey these users?
Sync Delighted responses with users in Intercom (#sync)
Check this box to sync all of your response data back to Intercom, matching respondents to the correct user based on email address.
Which Intercom users do you want to survey automatically? (#which)
This setting will determine who you survey. Here are your options for this setting:
- None: Would result in no one being surveyed automatically. This is a great choice if you're only looking to sync Delighted feedback to Intercom
- Anyone added to Intercom: Would result in all new Intercom users receiving a survey
- Segments: All other listings via the drop-down menu will be your Intercom segments. Selecting any of those segments would result in any new users in a segment (i.e. users entering a segment) or active users in a segment (i.e. users with records that are updated) receiving a survey
How long after a user enters or is active in a segment should we survey them? (#delay)
This setting will determine when you survey users for the first time.
Depending on which users you plan to survey, you'll see some of the below options:
- 1 day
- 1 week
- 2 weeks
- 1 month
- 3 months
How often should we automatically re-survey these users?
This setting will determine whether to send recurring surveys to users, and if so, how often. Your options are:
- Every 3 months
- Every 6 months
- Every 12 months
Viewing Delighted feedback in Intercom
Each survey response will show in Intercom under the matching contact’s activity as a new event. You can also see the total number of times feedback has been provided, the time of the first response, and the time of the most recent response.
In this section
- Does the integration backfill past contacts?
- Can I sync feedback based on Intercom User ID instead of email?
- Can I automate follow-up to respondents with Intercom?
- Can I include the Delighted survey in an Intercom message?
Does the integration backfill past contacts?
The integration will sync all existing responses to Intercom when enabled for the first time.
Surveys will not be scheduled to users already in your Intercom segment when the integration is first enabled.
Can I sync feedback based on Intercom User ID instead of email?
Simply pass the property “Intercom User ID” when sending your surveys and we will use that identifier to match responses to users.
Can I automate follow-up to respondents with Intercom?
Once feedback has been synced to Intercom using the integration, you can use Intercom’s automated messages to send follow-up messages to users based who meet specific parameters (like detractors only).
Can I include the Delighted survey in an Intercom message?
Use the Delighted Link platform to generate a link to the survey that can be included in your Intercom messages.