The Slack Integration
In this article:
- I just received a response—why am I not seeing a notification in Slack?
- Can I customize the properties shown in my Slack notifications?
- Can I send Slack messages to private channels?
- How can I tell the difference between daily digests for each of my Templates?
- Can I redact personally identifiable information (PII) from my Slack notifications?
Slack integration overview
The Delighted Slack integration will send your responses directly into your Slack channels based on conditions that you select, making it easy to share feedback with your whole team.
We will also send a daily message with your current 30-day core metric score, as well as a breakdown of the previous day’s feedback. You can select which channel receives this notification or turn this digest off.
Setting up the Slack integration
- Head to the Integrations tab and choose Slack.
- Click “Connect to Slack.”
- You’ll be redirected to Slack. If you’re not already signed in, do so now.
- Make sure the appropriate Slack instance (company name) is listed on the following screen. If not, click “Change teams” and choose the correct one.
- Once you’ve reviewed all information on the authorization screen, click “Authorize.”
- You’ll be directed back to Delighted. Click “Add a new rule” to create a rule to trigger Slack notifications when responses are received and select which channel to send these notifications to.
- Optional: Add as many rules to send to as many channels as desired (for example, add a rule to send responses in the Trend “Customer Service” to your customer service channel).
- Optional: Select the channel to receive the daily summary notification.
- Optional: Check the box to hide respondent PII in response notifications.
- Click “Save & turn on.”
Viewing the Slack notifications
Both response and daily digest notifications will vary in appearance based on the question type you select. To see a sample based on your Template type, send yourself a test notification from the Slack integration page.
Here’s a sample of a response notification in Slack:
Here’s an example of the daily digest notification:
I just received a response—why am I not seeing a notification in Slack?
By default, we include a 10-minute delay between a response being received in Delighted and a notification being sent in Slack. This delay ensures that respondents have adequate time to leave comments before syncing responses over to Slack.
Beyond this delay, the most common reason a message might not be sent is tied to the conditions for notification creation. For example, if your Slack integration uses the rule, “Only promoters who comment,” then no notifications will be sent unless the response meets that exact specification.
Additionally, if the team member that initially set up the Slack integration is removed from your Slack team, the authentication token may have been revoked by Slack. A quick restart of the integration will solve this issue:
- Head to the Slack integration page.
- Click “Turn off” and then click “Remove this integration” on the bottom of the page.
- Refresh the page.
- Go back through the set-up process.
If you’ve reset the integration and it looks like there are still eligible responses that didn’t trigger a message, let us know and we’ll take a look!
Can I customize the properties shown in my Slack integration?
By default, the properties shown in your Slack integration will be the ones listed as filters along the left side of your Dashboard. However, if you'd like to use a different list of properties for those notifications, send us a note with the properties that you want included and we can help configure them.
Can I send Slack messages to private channels?
To send notifications or daily summaries to a private channel, you'll need to invite the Delighted app to that channel. To add the Delighted app to your private channel(s):
- Click the "View all members of this channel" button in the top right-hand corner of the channel page.
- Click the "Integrations" button.
- Click "Add apps."
- Search for "Delighted" and click "Add."
Once you've added the Delighted app to your private channel, head back to the Slack Integration page, and you'll now see that private channel available in the dropdown. You can select this private channel, or any others that you've added the Delighted app to, to receive notifications whenever a response that meets your criteria are received, or to receive the daily summary.
If you ever want to remove the Delighted app from a private channel, click the "i" button again and choose "More," then choose "View apps in channel." From there, you can choose "Remove" next to the Delighted app.
How can I tell the difference between the daily digests for each of my Templates?
Reach out to our team and we can help build your Template display name into those Slack notifications, making it clear which project each digest is associated with.
Can I redact personally identifiable information (PII) in my Slack notifications?
When setting up the Slack integration page, you can check the box to redact names and emails from feedback notifications sent to Slack.