The Help Scout Integration
Delighted’s Help Scout integration will automatically sync responses to contacts in Delighted and create conversations in Help Scout once a survey response is received.
You can configure the rules for creating the conversations, ensuring conversations are only created for specific responses. All conversations created by Delighted will be automatically addressed to the survey respondent—helping to streamline your closed loop processes.
In this section
Setting up the Help Scout integration
- Head to the Integrations tab and choose “Help Scout”
- Click “Connect to Help Scout”
- You’ll be directed to Help Scout. Choose “Authorize” when prompted
- You’ll be directed back to Delighted. Click “Add a new rule” and include as many rules for creating tickets as desired
- Optional: Click the option for “Sync Delighted responses with customers in Help Scout” to attach a score to a matching contact (based on email) in Help Scout
- Click “Save & turn on”
Viewing synced response data in Help Scout
The ticket created in Help Scout will be addressed to the respondent, with a private note including the score, comment, and any properties associated with the response. We also attach a tag for the score group (like “promoter”) and a tag called “delighted.”
By default, the subject line will be “A survey you took for [project name],” but can be customized in Help Scout before sending.
FAQs: Help Scout
In this section
- I just received a response—why am I not seeing a new ticket in Help Scout?
- Can I create workflows based on tickets created via the Help Scout integration?
I just received a response—why am I not seeing a new ticket in Help Scout?
By default, we include a 10-minute delay between a response being received in Delighted and a ticket being created in Help Scout. This delay ensures that respondents have adequate time to leave comments before syncing responses over to Help Scout.
Beyond this delay, the most common reason a ticket might not be created is tied to the conditions for ticket creation. For example, if your Help Scout integration uses the rule, “Only promoters who comment,” then no tickets will be created unless the Delighted response meets that exact specification.
Be sure to check your rules and recent responses to see if there are any eligible responses that should create a ticket. If it looks like there are eligible responses that didn’t trigger a survey, let us know and we’ll take a look!
Can I create workflows based on tickets created via the Help Scout integration?
You can use the tags that we add to tickets (“delighted” and the score group, like “promoter”) to trigger workflows. For more information on creating workflows, see Help Scout’s guide Get started with Workflows.