Basics of the HubSpot integration
Delighted’s HubSpot integration syncs your Delighted feedback directly over to your HubSpot CRM. There are three key steps involved with this syncing process:
- Response is received in Delighted
- We search for a matching Contact record in HubSpot
- Feedback is synced to the matching Contact
In this section, we’ll provide an overview of how each step works, any nuances associated with the syncing process, and the exact data we’ll sync over. The net goal of this section is to ensure you and the team feel well-versed at the basics of the syncing process.
Response is received in Delighted
Let's say a brand new response has just reached your Delighted dashboard. This is where the HubSpot syncing process begins! After that response hits your dashboard, we’ll wait 10 minutes (by default) and then sync the feedback over to your HubSpot CRM. We include this 10 minute delay due to the average respondent taking around 10 minutes to provide a comment. With this average time-to-comment in mind, we wait a full 10 minutes prior to starting the syncing process to ensure the entire comment is captured.
Contact is searched in HubSpot
Once that 10 minute timer is up, our integration will run a look-up in your HubSpot CRM. We map responses from Delighted to HubSpot based on the email address. When we find a HubSpot Contact record with a matching email address, we sync over that Delighted feedback.
Feedback is synced to the matching Contact
Now that a Contact record has been found, we’ll proceed to pass over key Delighted response detail feedback to the HubSpot Contact record. Here is a recap of the key data points from Delighted that we push through to HubSpot:
- Delighted Comment: The comment (if applicable) provided in the Delighted survey response
- Delighted Group: The score group for the respondent (ex. for NPS, that would be Promoter, Passive, or Detractor)
- Delighted NPS: Rating selected by the customer (ex. a number between 0-10)
- Delighted Permalink: URL to the response in Delighted
- Delighted Responded At: Original date a response was received
- Delighted Response Updated At: Date a response was updated (if applicable)
Contacts and properties are at the core of most workflows and processes that occur in HubSpot. Whether creating a quick report, or generating a workflow based on a specific property, these Contact records serve as a repository for the complete set of information you have about a customer.
As we’ve covered in this section’s overview, the HubSpot integration will feed through critical customer-driven insights and metrics that can help enrich your existing data and contribute towards more educated and impactful engagement with your customers.
But the benefits don’t stop there! In our next section, we’ll cover some of the key value adds you’ll find when connecting the Delighted and HubSpot platforms.