How it works
Delighted's Intercom integration has two key functions:
- Triggering surveys based on activity in Intercom
- Syncing feedback from Delighted surveys to User records in Intercom
Whether syncing survey response details or setting up a trigger for Delighted surveys based on activity in a specific Intercom segment, Delighted's Intercom integrations provides a range of options for streamlining both your reporting and sending workflows.
Setting it up
Visit the Delighted Intercom integration page:
On the following page, click the button: “Connect to Intercom”. You’ll be redirected to Intercom. Once you’ve reviewed all information on the authorization screen, click the button: “Connect”:
If you're already logged into Intercom, you'll be taken to the authorization screen. We recommend already being logged into Intercom via a separate tab, as you won't need to log in during this step:
You’ll be taken back to Delighted, landing on the Intercom integration page. Configure your settings as needed:
Click “Save & Turn on”
FAQ table of contents
- How do I configure the settings for triggering surveys based on actions in Intercom?
- What does the Delighted feedback look like in Intercom?
- Does the integration backfill past contacts?
- Is there a way to automate follow-up to customers with the integration?
- Can I sync based on Intercom User ID?
- Can I include a link to the Delighted survey within an Intercom message?
How do I configure the settings for triggering surveys based on actions in Intercom?
After setting up the Intercom integration, you'll have a few options to configure who is surveyed, when those surveys are sent, and if they should recur. Here's a quick snapshot of the integration page:
In the screenshot above, you'll see a few key sections for triggering surveys:
Which Intercom users do you want to survey automatically?
This setting will determine who you survey. Here are your options for this setting:
- None: Would result in no-one being surveyed automatically. This is a great choice if you're only looking to sync Delighted feedback to Intercom
- Anyone added to Intercom: Would result in all new Intercom Users receiving a survey
- Segments: All other listings via the drop-down menu would be your Intercom segments. Selecting any of those segments would result in any new users in a segment (i.e. users entering a segment) or active users in a segment (i.e. users with records that are updated) receiving a survey.
How long after a user is added should we send them a survey? or How long after a user enters or is active in the segment should we survey them?
This setting will determine how soon you survey. Depending on your selection to the first configuration (who you'll be surveying), you'll see one of the two above options for the second drop-down menu. However, the overall purpose of the setting is the same - how quickly should we send those surveys? Here are your options for the delay setting:
- 1 day
- 1 week
- 2 weeks
- 1 month
- 3 months
How often should we automatically re-survey these users?
This setting will determine how often we re-survey folks. Here are your options for the recurring setting:
- Every 3 months
- Every 6 months
- Every 12 months
Remember to hit save when your settings are configured so those are locked in!
What does the Delighted feedback look like in Intercom?
Each new response will show uniquely under the contact’s activity as a new event:
You can also see the total times feedback was provided, time of first response, and time of the most recent response:
Does the integration backfill past contacts?
Yes. It will backfill all existing responses to Intercom when enabled for the first time.
Is there a way to automate follow-up to customers with the integration?
Can I sync based on Intercom User ID?
Yes. You’ll just need to pass as a property parameter of “Intercom User ID”. We’ll then use that specific identifier to sync feedback.
Can I include a link to the Delighted survey within an Intercom message?
Yes. Reach out to us for more information.